Project: Industrial Property – Soil Remediation
Location: 4 Taft Road, Totowa, Passaic County, NJ
Client: Property Owner, oversight and direction provided by LAN Associates
Completion Date: January 2020
Highground Industrial LLC (HGI) completed the subsurface remediation of a 2.3 acres parcel with a 46,400 SF Industrial building. The project involved the excavation and disposal of three separate waste streams consisting of PCB contaminated soils >50ppm and <50ppm, and CVOC and heavy metal contaminated soils.
The entire project was performed under a RIR/RAWP through the NJDEP, and a Self-Implementing Plan approved by the EPA. A total of approximately 1500 Tons of contaminated soils were excavated and disposed of at approved licensed facilities. All excavations were backfilled, compacted, and restored with 6” of asphalt paving.
Key Project Components:
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Controls implemented under an approved plan with the Hudson-Essex-Passaic Soil Conservation District.
- Removal and replacement of roof drainage piping and restoration of catch basins system on North Side of the building.
- Surgical hot spot excavations with PCB contaminated soils.
- Dewatering deep excavations within the groundwater table.
- Waste Classification Sampling of three separate waste streams for disposal profiling and approvals.
- Complete restoration of the asphalt paved areas with 4” of base coarse and 2” of surface coarse.