Project: Commercial Property Sub-Slab Depressurization System
Location: 27-10 49th Avenue, Long Island City, NY
Client: Sitex Group, oversight and direction provided by Atlantic Environmental Solutions
Completion Date: October 2019
Highground Industrial LLC (HGI) completed the installation of a Sub-Slab Depressurization System (SSDS) within a 20,000 SF commercial building and 16,000 SF parking lot. The project also included the installation of a vapor extraction point and the venting of the entire system up to the roof top via Radon Away fans. The purpose of this system was to prevent volatile organics from entering occupied spaces and to aid in the remediation of the site.
HGI also performed the evacuation and removal of hydraulic lift components and an existing oil/water separator, HGI repaired an existing floor drain system and installed a new oil/water separator. All concrete removed was replaced along with resetting 16 pile caps and sunken areas of the concrete slab. The project also involved the removal of approximately 400 tons of contaminated soil for off-site disposal at an approved facility.
Key Project Components:
- Permitting through NYC DPH, DEP, and DOB.
- Design and Installation of Floor Drain System.
- Concrete and asphalt cutting and concrete coring to run venting lines to the roof top.
- Paving and concrete replacement.
- Excavation and loading of contaminated soils.
- Installation of sub-slab sampling ports.
- Installation of four Radon Away Fans with monometers and sampling ports.